Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I might be crazy, but that's not the same as insane

I. Love. Wednesdays.

I do.

Wednesdays are great, because I don't teach. As I've already mentioned, my Tuesdays and Thursdays are crazy days. I literally come home a complete zombie. Teaching those two 100-minute classes back to back is just killer. I'm usually on campus for 10-11hrs on those days. I come home, I make dinner, and then I sit somewhere barely able to move or form complete sentences.

I love Wednesdays. Wednesdays are the best.

I haven't been posting much lately for a few reasons. I've been trying to get my life in order, which hasn't really left me with much to post about. I still have the fatigue thing going on, but I have an appointment to see a doc on Friday. Hopefully he can figure something out.

I had coffee with a guy from Friendster last week. He recently moved down here from Boston like me. I've already mentioned the bevy of emails I get from less-than-desirable men on Friendster and Myspace, so once I got one from someone who was a) able to write in complete sentences and b) in the same city as me, as opposed to Zimbabwe, I decided to say yes to coffee. He was a nice guy; we had an easy enough time making conversation.

After coffee he wanted to go get dinner. I wasn't hungry. Really, I wasn't. So then he suggested getting a drink. We walked around the corner, ordered two beers and an appetizer. We finished up, and I thought it was about time for me to get on home. It was last Wednesday, so I had to prepare myself for the looming Thursday. He suggested going to get dinner again. The dude didn't want to go home, I guess. I politely declined and headed home, but not before he could ask me to go to the mall with him on Friday so he could buy new sunglasses.

Seriously?

Isn't that a girlfriend kind of outing? I told him I'd let him know, knowing full well that I would say no (which I did).

He emailed me Sunday night to ask me out for dinner and a movie tonight. I declined that invitation as well, because I wanted today to recoup. I suggested in my reply that perhaps we could do it as a matinee thing this weekend.

He was a nice guy, but I didn't feel any initial attraction. I don't mind being friendly with him, but I don't want to lead him on either.

I'm not sure if I don't want to date right now, or if I'm just not in the mood to be around people who don't know me very well. It's probably a combination of both.

I just haven't been in the mood to put on the whole show that you do when you're just getting to know someone. I always try to "be myself," but you know what I mean (I hope).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

B!! Look at you! Rejecting the mens (you heartbreaker!). There is nothing wrong with hanging out with this new guy, if you're interested in having a new friend..and who knows perhaps after another "date" or two you might be interested in more? Then again, B, you need to take care of yourself first...and if you don't have the energy or the interest to do the whole "getting to know you" on any level...that's your perogative! Take care! :o) CK