Saturday, September 16, 2006

I object!

I was going to post this as a post-script but given its nature thought it might "spoil the mood" of the post too much.

So, everyone knows that they started showing commercials at the movies a few years ago. Like most people, I'm sure, this bothers me. The movie theatre used to be the one place you could go that you wouldn't have to see commercials.

Today they showed a commercial for KY.

KY?! WTF. What's the marketing plan behind that one? Is it because it's a date movie and they expect couples to go home and do the deed and hopefully pick up some KY on the way?

I don't get it.

Show me the dancing candy and popcorn cartoon, and let's get on with the movie!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, that's just wrong. Wrong, I say!

Anonymous said...

Can you imagine how awkward it would've been to be on a first date watching a commercial for KY? ack!! -CK

Anonymous said...

I think if these commercials will (in the long run) make sex more comfortable for women everywhere, then it's worth it.

Just sayin'