Saturday, October 13, 2007

Make it work

It's such a cliche, but I seriously don't know where the time goes anymore.

It continues to amaze me how busy I seem and how little seems to get done. I've gotten back into a rut again where I feel like I'm continually neglecting things.

I forget to do things I promise students. I don't reply to emails for weeks. I don't clean my lovely apartment as much as I should. I don't see my parents as much as they'd like. I forget to check my mail.

It sounds like I'm not doing anything at all, but the days still end before I'm ready. So where is the time going?

Last weekend I had a mini-meltdown because I was so overwhelmed. I was crying, and I didn't really know why. Or really, I did know. I was stressed. I was buried in papers, and I really couldn't see my way out of it. I ended up having to meet with back-to-back students for 12 hours over two days. Meeting with them in person seemed more manageable than having to write comments on all of their papers. Things finally seem a bit more manageable, but I got new papers yesterday and I get 3 more sets on Monday. It never stops!

But I'm trying to "make it work."

In two weeks TK, his twin, twin's fiancee, and I are going down to Myrtle Beach for a wedding. I'm taking 4 days, and it should be a lot of fun. I bought a new dress the other day, which is always good.

Papers: bad. Vacation: good.

No comments: