Sunday, March 18, 2007

Don't be alarmed if I fall, head over feet

So much has happened in the past 10 days since I've posted.

Has it really been 10 days? I'm sorry.

I wish there was some way I could just transmit my posts from my brain to my blog while I compose the posts in my head, which is usually when I'm doing something else - showering, walking across campus, driving in my car. It doesn't seem to happen that way though. I need to be better about carving out blog time.

Part of what has been keeping me busy has been work, of course. Over Spring Break, I started the job downtown. It was fine to work during the break, but last week I had to figure out how I was going to balance it with teaching on top. I was also grading papers last week, so yeah, felt like a grumpy little worker. I don't have any papers to grade this week, so I'm hoping it will be better.

I put up some postcards in the cubicle, and the techies finally set the computer up so I can use it. I'm still a little creeped out by the fact that the woman who used it before me died. Though as CK pointed out, at least she didn't die at work. I didn't actually ask how she died though. Creeeeepy.

In other news, I've seen Flirt a few times since I've posted. Last weekend he went with my Mom and me to another concert. It was more of the same situation I already described. Mom picked up on the chemistry between us and gave me a hard time about it. I was feeling rather confused about the whole thing as my feelings for TK have been growing (more on that in a minute). Yesterday Flirt and I took a tour of a local brewery. Somehow we started talking about what was going on between us in a round-a-bout kind of way. Tired of the subtext, I laid it on the line. He admitted to being interested in me, and asked, "Are you happy now? I said it."

I am not sure I would say that I'm "happy," but yes, it was nice to get some validation. I wasn't imagining things.

Essentially we decided that it might be fun for a while, but long term possibilities might not be there. I also told him that I wanted to see where things were going with TK - that Flirt had essentially missed his window. And I feel good about things, as much as I can I guess given that I'm attracted to my "friend" and he's attracted to me.

I can't let that distract me though, because I've got a great guy in TK. And I don't want to screw it up.

When I first started seeing TK, I was cautious and admittedly a little spooked by the fact that he basically decided I was right for him so quickly. He has been so patient though, and attentive; ready, at the first sign of a green light to step up to the plate.

We spent a lot of time together during my break, I stayed over his place almost every night. (The new bed is super by the way). One night I stopped over there after coming back into town from my parent's house. I discovered I'd forgotten my toothbrush, and he ran to the grocery store at 1:30am to buy me a new one.

TK is that guy.

He's the kind of guy who notices when you leave your sweater on the couch and brings it to the car so you won't be cold in the restaurant.

He's the kind of guy who starts planning an overnight getaway for your birthday almost two months in advance.

And he's the kind of guy who calls on his vacation from a used bookstore to see if you want anything.

One night in bed he told me that he's "falling for me," and I'd have to say I'm right there with him.

Right now he's in Arizona, because his trip to Italy (for his brother's wedding) didn't happen. He tried to fly out Thursday night, but his plane never left Raleigh because the planes in Newark were grounded because of weather. Any new flights they would have gotten him on wouldn't have put him in Italy until after the wedding. What a bummer. He and his friend took it in stride (I would have been beside myself), and left for Arizona yesterday instead - since they already had a week off from work. Instead of Italy's Vatican and Coliseum, they've got Arizona's Grand Canyon, Montezuma's Castle, and Rainbow Bridge.

I'm happy he's having so much fun, but I miss him and wish I could be there with him!

OK, you can go gag now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! You deserve *that* guy! :)

Anonymous said...

vomit, sweet girl, vomit.

i kid. vomiting while happy for you is more correct.