Thursday, August 23, 2007

Back in business

The new semester started today. I'm back to teaching 8am classes. I actually have the same schedule as last semester. It should just take me some time to readjust. I couldn't sleep last night. I was somewhere in-between consciousness. I got up at 5 so I had enough time to shower and make breakfast.

There were torrential rains before I left the house and severe thunder and lightning . It seemed fitting. :-)

Classes went fine. I rambled, made some lame jokes, tried to win them over with my quirkiness. Back to business.

I was looking through the in-class samples today and one student had written at the bottom, "This is completely off-topic, but thanks for having a sense of humor. It was a pleasant surprise." Haha.

It was a last-minute scramble to get my syllabi ready. I switched textbooks, and I'm trying a few new assignments. We'll see how it goes.

In other news, I'm going to be in a new office this year. The office space at my university is notoriously sparse. Most people have to share an office. I've been moved to an old conference room. It's been converted to office space for six of us. Remember my old colleague crush? He's one of the six. It's funny how much things change in a year!

Right now our office has no furniture. No desks, no computers, no chairs. That's a bit of a kink right now, but hopefully we'll have furniture by tomorrow.

In the meantime, I'm nursing my blistered feet at home. I'll never wear flats with bare feet again!

Since coming home this afternoon, I've already answered around 10 emails from students.

Back in business, indeed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cue opening credits. :)

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you've made it through your first official day back to school! :o) Good luck this year!

Anonymous said...

wow. i must call you soon.

whenever i think about it, it's midnight :o(

congrats on all good stuff.