Sunday, September 16, 2007

All I can do is keep breathing

A week ago I was gearing up for busy times at work.

Two days ago I hurt myself and found myself mostly confined to the bed.

I swear; I am such an old woman.

I'm 26 years old, but I feel like I have the body of a 60-year-old.

I bent over to do a simple task like put air in my tires, and before I knew it, I threw my back out.

I've done this before. It's always the same thing. My lower back kills me for a week or so.

I have trouble getting out of bed, out of a chair, getting dressed, etc.

Unfortunately this time it happened on my way to the other university I teach at. I drove through my tears and through the rain and realized that I'd never make it to campus in the shape I was in. I had to call the secretary and cancel my class even though my students had papers due.

The only good part about all of this is that I had TK to take care of me. He has the best bedside manner.

My work is on hold for now - hopefully my students understand and I get better soon...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww...I hope your back feels better soon!!!

Anonymous said...

Feel better, pretty girl!